Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Strategies for slowing down

• Strategies for slowing down

Posted by Ashley on June 30, 2021 at 8:21 am

Good morning and happy hump day! 

Today is my Friday as I have IVIG tomorrow and Friday! I am looking forward to a much needed break, I’ve been going non-stop since last month’s IVIG and this week has been particularly tough for me, especially after working a 12 hour shift at work.

@lorildunham‘s most recent article was very relatable for me. “Finding Strategies to Slow Our Pace” is something I’ve been working on. Like Lori, I am very type A and a go-getter. I have the hardest time saying “no” and this year I’ve been working on that.

I often push myself to the edge and sometimes over the edge because I over-fill my plate.

Is anyone else like this?

As Lori says, “It has taken me many months to teach myself how to slow down. It is a daily choice. I take deliberate steps to bring peace and order to our home.”

I was diagnosed with LEMS in September of 2015, I am still working on when I need to slow down and when I can ramp things up. I am getting better, but I still have some work to do and find it hard to truly take time for myself and my body to rest aside from on IVIG days. Those are a “sacred” routine for me.

Has anyone mastered the pacing of activities in their life with LEMS?

Ashley replied 2 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.