Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS The Heat Got Me This Week!

• The Heat Got Me This Week!

Posted by Price Wooldridge on May 10, 2021 at 7:00 am

Yes indeed, my LEMS does not like “hot” very much. You may have experienced this too with your LEMS. I was given a cooling vest, but too late to use last year, so perhaps I’ll find a way to incorporate it this summer. But to my story….
    Yesterday I was tooling around all morning in my roadster with the top down. Temperatures weren’t too bad, but by one o’clock it was in the 80s and sunny. I hadn’t planned to get back out, but I needed to unexpectedly go on a quick errand, putting me back out in the sun. This errand also delayed my lunch. I’m diabetic as well as having LEMS. As I’m getting to my destination, I’m not only hot and sweating, but feeling a low blood sugar. My business was going to take 20 minutes, and I had no snack with me. You know how this is unfolding, right?
    Business completed, I got back home, hot, sweating profusely, and with a blood sugar of 58. Not good. That evening I felt pretty rough, had a late LEMS flare, and got myself into bed without washing up or brushing my teeth. It was horrible. I slept extra.
    So there you go, mistakes made, lessons learned. This is all about learning to live with LEMS!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.