Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Well, I’ve done it again. A LEMS Crash Saturday

• Well, I’ve done it again. A LEMS Crash Saturday

Posted by Price Wooldridge on March 22, 2021 at 7:00 am

Well crap, I went and had another LEMS crash yesterday (Saturday). Most of the time, when we’re home and on routine, we can control activities and avoid the LEMS crashes. I hadn’t had one in a long time, until yesterday. But yesterday I was not on routine, and we don’t always have control. Circumstances dictate our day. And so it was for me.
    Saturday I was out of pocket, in Amarillo, Texas, for the funeral of my loved 103 year old aunt. Here was my Saturday schedule, all planned, but not by me, or allowing for my LEMS.
    Morning hotel wake up, breakfast and load out to the car. Drive to Claude, Texas.
    10 AM private burial service, graveside
    11 AM memorial service at the church
    12 Noon lunch provided by the ladies of the church (fantastic!)
    1 PM photo walk around Claude so I could do my passion. I got some good ones!
    1:45 PM five and a half hour return drive to Fort Worth, unload and unpack.
    That was my day! And then I had the LEMS crash! No surprise right? What was it like?
    Crushing fatigue. Didn’t want to get out of my chair, and it was difficult. Hard to cross my right leg, seated. It literally feels horrible all over. And none of this was in my control, except the photo walk. That’s the way it is with LEMS.
    Have you had a LEMS crash, triggered by a crazy day?

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mary

March 23, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Mine occur periodically when i am anxious about something. Good or bad emotionally. The same happens. Im weak and cant lift my right leg. My feet drag when i finally get up

• Price Wooldridge

March 23, 2021 at 3:56 pm

@marym yes, those darned emotions really can be a LEMS trigger. Mine were certainly running high throughout the trip! And I paid for it.