Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics What LEMS symptom did you experience first?

• What LEMS symptom did you experience first?

Posted by Ashley on July 19, 2020 at 7:30 am

Hey all!

I am interested in seeing if there is a correlation between us with what symptoms we experienced first.

What problem prompted you to seek medical care and begin to think, “Maybe something is wrong with me.”

My LEMS came after being sick with pneumonia and for several weeks, I attributed some of the symptoms I was experiencing to “stress” and was told that by some of the doctors I first visited.

The first noticeable symptoms I experienced were related to my autonomic nervous system and my diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. The most noticeable “new” issues for me was that I was no longer able to go out in the hot hours in the summer without becoming extremely weak and almost passing out. My resting pulse sat around 140-160 continuously and rose even more when I was in direct sunlight. I also began having acid reflux almost daily, even if I avoided foods known to cause reflux.

Looking forward to hearing from you all to see how similar/different our experiences have been.

Ashley replied 3 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.