Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics What positive thing have I learned about myself while experiencing symptoms or side effects of LEMS?

• What positive thing have I learned about myself while experiencing symptoms or side effects of LEMS?

Posted by Ashley on March 10, 2021 at 7:28 am

Good morning all 🙂 !

I would love to hear your reflections on this question: “What positive thing have I learned about myself while actively experiencing symptoms or side effects?”

I’ll share my answer with you and hope you’ll feel comfortable enough to share yours as well.

For me, chronic illness has taught me a lot. I have been proud of myself for being resilient and doing my best to remain positive even though it seems life is always throwing me curveballs.

I have learned who I can rely on and who my real friends are.

I have stopped guilt tripping myself for lazy days and have accepted the fact that sometimes your body just needs to be still and rest, and that’s okay.

I have learned that a little bit of pain makes the happier things even better when you experience them.

Kevin Deihl replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kevin Deihl

March 15, 2021 at 7:38 am

I have learned to roll with the “punches” so to speak. The challenges presented to us differ from time to time, but if you can accept the challenge, then it’s another step forward. It’s a learning process of what’s going on with your body and how to alleviate symptoms. I have a tremendous amount of support when things “go south”. I have a greater appreciation for things like, “today was good day”!

• Price Wooldridge

March 15, 2021 at 8:35 am

Congratulations Kevin! That’s half the battle, dealing with it. LEMS is crazy, and I wonder how much our neurologists know this. Every day is an assessment. Like you said, @specialk70 we’ve got to roll with the punches every day!

• Kevin Deihl

March 16, 2021 at 7:02 am

Thank you Ashley and even on the “bad” days”, it could always be worse!

• Ashley

March 15, 2021 at 7:45 am

Hey

@specialk70

I think our LEMS diagnosis has taught many of us to roll with the punches as you said! Its definitely a learning process and figuring out what pieces will fit together to help us as we are all so different! I’m so glad you feel supported and can remain positive!