Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Your LEMS Meds on a Travel Day

• Your LEMS Meds on a Travel Day

Posted by Price Wooldridge on June 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Last week I had a travel day which started at 1 PM Eastern time, and didn’t end until Midnight, Central time. That my fellow LEMS friends, is 12 hours of getting through TSA screening, sitting in waiting areas, walking through terminals to make the next flight, and sitting in an airplane for hours.
    This day didn’t just happen. It was known well in advance, so planning for my LEMS medications was part of that. I take only two LEMS meds daily, amifampridine and Pyridostigmine. The easy one is the Pyridostigmine because I recently went to all time-release, one 180 MG tablet every 12 hours. Before that change I would have been trying to time 4 doses through the day. The other med is amifampridine. I take Firdapse. That one does require 4 doses through the day. I was able to take my first dose before heading out to the airport. I carry a small, metal pill cylinder for meds which goes with me on longer outings. I loaded my remaining Firdapse doses in it. The only trick then is to stay relatively on schedule. I wasn’t perfect, but I didn’t miss a dose on that long, hard and stressful day. And best of all, I had no LEMS issues.
    I hope when you take your next journey, you plan ahead to keep on track.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.