Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS 10 Everyday Signs of Depression

• 10 Everyday Signs of Depression

Posted by price-wooldridge on May 16, 2022 at 7:00 am

10 Everyday Signs of Depression

May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

My observation has been that depression is an insidious interloper in our everyday lives. According to an article on the PsychCentral website, 264 million people around the world live with depression. I have. Yeah, it became more apparent as I found myself less engaged and wanting to sleep more. It seemed like I was always sleeping and napping.

I must have realized I had depression because I reported it to my doctor. He put me on the medication, Zoloft (a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Miraculously, it worked! This one medication lifted my spirits and depression. I never understood my depression, or why it developed. My doctor prescribed the correct medication and got me back on track quickly.

The reasons for depression, as I understand it, are multiple. It’s a complex problem. It could be genetics, illness, abuse, chemical imbalance, or numerous other environmental or stressful life events.

From my perspective, the first order of business is recognizing that one is suffering from depression. Once you know that, the next step is seeking help.

To better understand how to recognize whether you are suffering from depression, read this brief, simple-to-understand article from PsychCentral, pointing out 10 everyday signs of depression, HERE.

I’ve told my story. Have you battled or continue to battle depression? We’d love to hear how you’re conquering this mental health condition.

Ashley replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • wanda-grischkowsky

May 17, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Brought on by illness, I continue to battle depression although I take Lexapro (a SSRI).

It gets harder to deal with new diagnoses and flares.

• Ashley

May 18, 2022 at 9:11 am

Totally understand that @wanda-king-grischkowsky

Its definetely frustrating to battle multiple illnesses and flares. Like @Pricewool and yourself, I also suffer from depression. I definetely notice my depression is worse during flares, thus we just increased my Zoloft last week.

Hang in there! You’re not alone!