Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS “Opening” the world back up…

• “Opening” the world back up…

Posted by Ashley on May 11, 2020 at 6:21 pm

On Friday, Virginia’s governor has decided to begin phase 1 of beginning to open the state back up. This allows groups of no more than 10 people to congregate and opens up businesses to 50% capacity.

What is going on in your state?

Do you feel ready to decrease your social distancing or will you continue to quarantine at home?

Dawn DeBois replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Debbie Lewis

May 12, 2020 at 6:00 pm

In Washington state, for phase 1: they’ve opened up construction, some outdoor recreation is permitted, landscaping, automotive sales & retail curbside sales are permitted. Can’t wait for phase 2 when barber shops & salons can reopen!

Debbie

• Ashley

May 13, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Debbie,

It’s interesting to see how different things are across the states. Our salons and barber shops are allowed to open with phase 1 and see “prescheduled” appointments.

• Debbie Lewis

May 13, 2020 at 12:09 pm

That is interesting.

• Dawn DeBois

May 14, 2020 at 7:34 am

In Maine, we are in phase 1 and I have an appointment for a quick trim next week. I decided to wait on getting my much needed highlights and let the summer sun take care of them right now. I just want to minimize my risk as much as possible (but desperately need a haircut!).

Maine is in an interesting predicament with the fact that we are SO close (50 miles to be exact) from one of the epicenters- Massachusetts. Being that we are “Vacationland” there is a lot of fear around visitors bringing COVID with them and making our numbers spike (so far a majority of our cases have been in nursing homes and other congregate settings). The governor has imposed a 14 day quarantine for anyone coming in from other states but, how is that to be managed?

We have now moved to letting businesses in counties that have no community spread open back up. Here’s hoping that our numbers don’t spike as a result. No matter what happens, I won’t be spending time where lots of other people are for quite a long time.