• Posted by Ashley on August 19, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Hey All!

I wanted to bring up a topic that is a little taboo. I’m hoping some may be open with talking about it.

Many websites glass over the symptom of “sexual dysfunction,” “impotence,” and “erectile dysfunction” as a symptom of LEMS, but don’t mention anything in detail.

I am curious to see how many of us have suffered with this problem, or still suffer with this. I know sexual health can be a topic that can be very hard to open up about, but I would really like to hear about your experiences.

Dawn DeBois replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Price Wooldridge

August 19, 2020 at 4:21 pm

I hope others will feel comfortable discussing what can be an impactful problem.  I’ll start.  Speaking from a man’s perspective, ED is a common problem, and for any number of reasons.  I’ve suffered from it at times, as have so many others.  There are so many reasons for a man’s problem including age, when testosterone levels often naturally diminish.  And there are so many medical conditions which can be causative.  I have at least two.  My best advice, be open with your primary care doctor.  There is help.

• Dawn DeBois

September 18, 2020 at 10:36 am

Hi All,

I’ve wanted to get back to this topic since I saw it scroll through when I was on medical leave. I went to school for and was a sexual health educator for a number of years, so, there’s no taboo topic for me. Ha!

Sexual dysfunction with LEMS is listed as a “man’s issue” and I’m riends with some male LEMS patients who have admitted to it once being an issue. They also found great improvement with this issue once they started on Firdapse. Sometimes the improvement led to a desire for sex that their partner found a bit overwhelming!

Females can have sexual dysfunction, or inability to reach climax or the inability to reach a full climax with LEMS.  The nerve for the penis is the same as the nerve for the clitoris. Myself and some of my other female LEMS friends all discussed the fact that with FIRDAPSE, we all noticed (and our partner’s noticed) a major improvement in our climax and desire. It was a bit of an enlightening topic for us all to talk about openly because until we did, nobody realized that FIRDAPSE was the common factor,  Some thought maybe, in our older age, we were more comfortable with our bodies and thus climaxing was easier and stronger. Nobody listed this as a side effect of Firdapse I don’t think!

How about you? Men ad women- have you found that FIRDAPSE helped your sexual experience as well?