Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Are you continuing to social distance currently?

• Are you continuing to social distance currently?

Posted by Ashley on June 11, 2020 at 10:00 am

Last weekend in Virginia, we began “Phase 2” of re0opening, which included opening gyms and allowing restaurants to seat indoors at 50% capacity. They have also allowed social gatherings to increase to up to 50 people.

What is currently going on in your state, or country?

Have you felt it’s safe to begin loosening your social distancing?

Personally, I have allowed a few friends and family members over to my house, but still am wearing a mask in public and have still been picking things up as to-go orders at restaurants.

I have been looking forward to meeting up with a couple of my friends because it’s been months since I’ve seen them and my mental health relies partly on socialization.

Has your LEMS made you feel you have to be more strict with social distancing?

Dawn DeBois replied 3 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Dawn DeBois

June 11, 2020 at 2:30 pm

I am not really paying attention to the “phases” in Maine, because many people are not taking COVID-19 seriously, unfortunately. I have been paying more attention to those businesses that are taking it seriously and following the guidelines set by the CDC- those ones I will utilize if I need something.

I do wear a mask when in a public indoor location; but because many are not wearing masks, I limit my exposure by shopping as infrequently as I can, or utilizing curb side pick up.

Socialization is indeed very important and I have a few friends that I know are taking social distancing seriously- so I feel safer spending time with them. Last night having dinner and Margaritas with a friend who hasn’t been in public at all – was refreshing and needed by both of us.

Talking while wearing a mask is quite difficult and I’ve realized in some conversations that I have a more difficuly

than others holding a conversation with my mask on. It makes me realize that indeed my muscles are weaker than others’ due to LEMS, and that social distancing is indeed a necessity for me for quite a while to come .