Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Autoimmune LEMS Back from the Holidays! How did you take care of yourself during such a busy time?

• Back from the Holidays! How did you take care of yourself during such a busy time?

Posted by Dawn DeBois on January 2, 2020 at 9:00 am

Happy New Year everyone!  When we did the soft launch of this forum, I knew I would have close to 2 weeks to recover from how busy I was preparing for the launch and learning the  “ins and outs” of the back end. The launch ended up being during my IVIG week, so it was admittedly crazy timing. However, everyone here at BioNews was beyond supportive of me during my week of treatment and learning the system for these forums.

When BioNews shut down, I was ready for a break. I’d been writing my weekly column , LEMme Tell Ya, since the IVIG shortage in June. Writing a column with deadlines and editors to answer to, every week, is admittedly much more strenuous than writing a blog. A blog you can write whenever the urge hits you. A column with deadlines is a whole other ball of wax!  However, I’ve loved every minute of the challenge and feel that I’ve only become a better writer because of it!

With the BioNews break, though, came the extra stress of the holidays. I’ve learned to not let the stress of holidays get to me and to pace myself. I can only do so much and those that love me will just have to understand. However, dealing with extra expectations and more demands on our physical energy, that often times are zapped due to our illness can be really tough! How did you do? Are you welcoming 2020 with new vigor or are you exhausted from it all?  Share your story for support with us here!

Dawn DeBois replied 4 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.