Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Binge worthy shows for “sick” days

• Dawn DeBois

January 23, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Ashley,

I am trying to read more; but when the focus is off due to exhaustion, I will turn on Netflix or Hulu!  One Netflix binge I watched in a day was Diagnosis.   We as rare disease patients can relate to all of the patients who had rare medical conditions that no doctors could diagnose, so a New York Times writer decided to give them all a platform to get crowd sourced ideas of what their symptoms might be! Does that sound familiar in the LEMS world?? I also watched Killer Inside, the mind of Aaron Hernendez in just about one sitting and Dead to Me.  I love that Netflix will delve into topic areas that the FCC won’t usually allow over the air!

When I need a laugh, all I need to do is watch a couple of episodes of Schitt’s Creek to get into a better mood!

• Price Wooldridge

January 24, 2020 at 11:56 am

I LOVE this topic!  I’ve just started “The Outsider” on HBO, a multi-part series based on a Steven King story.  Creepy!

The holidays were a bit bumpy for me, so I spent several months binging through all 10 seasons of “FRIENDS”.  The writing is a bit uneven, but a great ensemble cast.  I also just binged through all 7 seasons of “VEEP” on HBO.  You gotta be an adult to watch this one.  Profanely funny.

• Ashley

January 24, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Dawn,

I also loved “Dead to me.” Have you seen “You” on Netflix? I think you would like this one as well! I have heard a little about the Aaron Hernendez one today at work and might have to check it out.

Price,

I’m happy to hear you liked this topic. I wasn’t sure if it would be a good one or not! Friends is my all-time favorite show, I’m very disappointed they took it off Netflix. I ended up buying the box set of DVDs because I missed it so much! I have not checked out “Veep” yet, what is it about?

• Price Wooldridge

January 25, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Dawn, I knew it was leaving Netflix at the end of the year, so started binging it early.  Oh, and I forgot to mention “The Office”.  I’m still working through that one.  The doc on Aaron Hernandez is well worth your time and a tragic story.

• Dawn DeBois

January 26, 2020 at 8:32 am

Price- I need to start putting “The Office” on more. Humor is the best antidote to all of the scary stuff on the news these days. The Aaron Hernandez story was definitely tragic and a worthwhile watch. Many people think that NFL players came from families that could afford expensive training camps, etc. Sometimes people are just born with a gift and get the chance to use it. Unfortunately, demons still can penetrate any amount of success.

Ashley- Yes, I binged YOU when I first saw it available during it’s first season. Very good!  I haven’t yet gotten back into the 2nd season yet. I’m trying, as you know, to read a lot more and meet my Goodreads reading goal of 36 books this year. Starting off 2020 with “East of Eden” took a lot of time away from binge-watching TV; but that’s ok!

• Ashley

January 28, 2020 at 9:22 am

Price and Dawn- The office is a show I haven’t really seen much of. I watched a few episodes when it came out originally and was not a fan, but I think it might appreciate it more now.

Dawn- I am trying to read more also! I am currently reading “Giver of Stars” by Jojo Moyes. It is really good so far, its based off true events about the Kentucky horseback traveling librarians in the great depression period. I am a big fan of historical fiction!

• Price Wooldridge

January 28, 2020 at 10:17 am

Ashley, my only caveat to The Office is Carroll’s character is so absolutely incorrect in every way possible, I could only watch one episode at a time.  His behavior is difficult to watch at best.  After watching a couple of seasons, it’s easier to become invested in the rest of the great characters in the ensemble, hence much easier to binge.

• Ashley

January 29, 2020 at 7:27 am

Price,

I think that could have very well been my problem, although I didn’t watch it long enough to really give it a chance. I’ll have to watch a couple of episodes now and re-evaluate