Tagged: 

• Posted by Ashley on April 14, 2020 at 8:45 am

Would anyone be interested in starting a virtual book club?

We could meet monthly or bi-monthly on zoom. Let me know if you would like to join or if you have any ideas about this!

Dawn DeBois replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Joanne Evans

April 15, 2020 at 9:51 am

I would enjoy that!  Always into a good book.

cheers

joanne evans

• Ashley

April 26, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Hi Joanne-

Sorry for the late reply! I would still love to do this.

What kind of books do you like to read?

• Dawn DeBois

April 28, 2020 at 7:49 am

@joanneevans and @ashleygregory757, I am game to join as well! I’m trying to find better use of all of this quarantine time- plus, it’s warming up in Maine so I can’t wait to sit outside and read more!!

• Ashley

April 29, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Sounds good!

I am thinking I am going to pick up “A Good Marriage” by Kimberly McCreight 

It is one of the books that has been chosen for the month of May by my Book of the Month subscription. Would either of you be interested in reading this? If so, I can send you a code where you can purchase it for $5 from Book of the Month with a subscription. Each month they send you five books and you can choose which one they send you, a book from previous months, or you can also skip the month.

• Dawn DeBois

April 30, 2020 at 9:34 am

Sure @ashleygregory757 – Count me in!

• Ashley

May 1, 2020 at 11:28 am

Great! Looking forward to it!

• Dawn DeBois

June 3, 2020 at 2:07 pm

Announcing June’s Book:  A Burning by Megha Majumdar.

The Book of the Month Club’s synopsis is as follows: “A careless social media comment casts three characters into a web of violence, politics and tragedy in India.”

Ashley and I are using the Book of the Month Club to choose our books and get them at a deep discount with free shipping. If you would like to get $5.00 off your first book and join the book club to purchase your books the way we are, just let us know and one of us can send you our codes.

Social media can often times cause more harm than good. For that reason, and for the escape from the current problems in the great ole USA, I chose this book this month.  Who wants to join us?