Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums In the News CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 and special populations

Tagged: ,

• CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 and special populations

Posted by Dawn DeBois on March 9, 2020 at 9:00 am

By now, everyone is being inundated by COVID-19 news whether it be in your social media news streams, or on  your local TV.  I’ve been watching things closely and it wasn’t until the top public health official in the state of Maine, Dora Ann Mills posted yesterday that I saw a decent breakdown that addressed the chronic illness population.

Dora Mills shared the following: ” The data on over 70,000 people in China who contracted the infection indicate this infection is especially severe among those 70 years and older and those with pre-existing conditions (e.g. cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, cancer, high blood pressure). ”

Social distancing- avoiding heavily populated public events, seems to be the second line of defense promoted-second to proper hand washing. Many large events have been cancelled across the country to try to prevent the spread of COVID-19.  I’ve always thought over the risk vs. benefit of attending large indoor events during the regular flu season. This advice seems to mirror that same mindset.

How are you feeling about COVID-19? Are you stepping up the hand washing? Are you avoiding large indoor gatherings?

For reference, here is the CDC guidelines for special populations– which those with chronic conditions, such as LEMS,  fall under.

Romy Braunstein replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ashley

March 9, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Thank you for providing these guidelines Dawn! I am well aware of them working in healthcare but it is definitely a good resource.

• Zoey

March 13, 2020 at 7:12 am

Thank you Dawn! Very useful information.

• Romy Braunstein

March 16, 2020 at 12:37 pm

My house is looking pretty good right now! Thanks for sending the guidelines!