• Compression Socks

Posted by Ashley on July 29, 2020 at 9:00 am

Hey all! Happy Wednesday, or Hump day as I like to call it!

Since my diagnosis, I have been wearing knee high compression socks daily. I have found they really help with my dysautonomia symptoms and also help with some leg pain I get near the end of my IVIG cycles.

If so, How many of you have also found them helpful?

If you haven’t tried them, I would really be interested to see if they help you as well!

Looking forward to hearing back from you all!

Ashley replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • rdt

August 27, 2020 at 2:01 am

Compression stockings really help me not only with my POTS part of my dysautonomia but with weakness and calf cramping.

I never go out without them!

• Ashley

August 28, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Rebecca

@rdt

I’m glad that compression socks also give you some relief too! I definitely don’t go a day without them at work and try to wear them in the winter. In the summer, I overheat way too quickly to wear them. I wish there was something similar in the summer that we could use. Have you found a way to combat this?

• rdt

August 28, 2020 at 5:58 pm

@ashleygregory757

nope I just deal with the hotness, sweatiness and itching. for me I prefer to deal with that then the POTs and quicker extreme muscle cramping. One thing I do though is have various sizes/compression tightness. So for hotter days, I use a lighter compression like 8-10 mm vs 20-30 mm, that helps a tiny bit….

• Ashley

August 28, 2020 at 6:11 pm

@rdt

Maybe I will try that! I just tend to have to wear shorts in the summer, even around the house or I break out in a rash and have extra fatigue and all the other POTS symptoms exacerbated. I’ve thought about getting a cooling vest but haven’t really made a decision to get one. Have you tried one before?

• rdt

August 28, 2020 at 6:18 pm

My sister whom has MS owns several different cooling vests that she finds very helpful. She did send me one to try out, but not the actual cold inserts, so I improvised what I could. Found it a bit heavy for me from the cold packs I inserted, but my sister said the cold packs actually designed for the vests are much more lightweight, So maybe worth a try???

• Ashley

August 28, 2020 at 6:22 pm

@rdt

Interesting! Maybe I will have to check them out!