Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Covid Vaccine Review

• Covid Vaccine Review

Posted by Ashley on January 22, 2021 at 10:43 am

Hey all! I promised I would give you guys a full review of my experience with the COVID Vaccine.

My first recommendation is that you talk to your doctor if receiving IVIG because they will need to be sure to time the vaccine so IVIG doesn’t interact or lessen the effect of the vaccine.

As a healthcare worker, I was able to get the vaccine pretty early. I received the Pfizer vaccine from my hospital.

First Vaccine 12/23/2020

The only side effects I experienced from my first vaccine was a very sore arm for a couple of days. Usually I get a sore arm even with the flu vaccine yearly so I was not at all surprised by this.

Second Vaccine 1/9/2021

Normally with the Pfizer vaccine, the appropriate wait time between the two shots is 21 days. Since my IVIG infusion was scheduled for the day I was supposed to get vaccinated, my doctor asked me to move my vaccine up so I would have time between the vaccine and my IVIG in order to have the proper immune response to the vaccine.

I was warned that the side effects would be more likely with the second vaccine so I was able to schedule on the weekend to have a couple of days off from work.

I experienced body aches that started about 12 hours after the vaccine and lasted until the following day. I also felt pretty weak and spent both days resting on the couch.  48hours post vaccine, I was back to normal and back to work. I know some of my coworkers had an experience like me, while others had no reaction at all.

I highly recommend getting the vaccine because having COVID is much worse than the expected side effects from the vaccine. I’ve seen many completely healthy coworkers end up in the ICU and on oxygen while having COVID and want to do everything possible to protect myself and our community!

I would love to answer any questions you have about the vaccine!

Hope to hear from you all!

roberta replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • roberta

January 23, 2021 at 8:55 am

How long between having IVIG and the vaccine???  Best to get the vaccine in the middle of the IVIG cycle???

• Ashley

January 23, 2021 at 8:58 am

Hey

@bobbi-lynn-berry

I would definitely confirm with your doctor, but I was told it was best to get it in the middle of the cycle if you can.

Just make sure you have a few days in between the two so you get the proper immune response. 🙂

• roberta

January 23, 2021 at 9:47 am

Thanks.  I will double check, but that is what I was thinking!!