• Posted by Ashley on October 28, 2020 at 8:47 am

Good morning!

I am curious to see when most of us feel we have the highest energy levels or are feeling our best throughout the day.

My highest energy levels are usually mid morning or early afternoon.

What about you?

Ashley replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Price Wooldridge

October 28, 2020 at 12:24 pm

Ashley, I usually feel my best and most alert about two hours after awakening, and into early afternoon. I almost always do my walks in the morning. I’ve had occasion to be delayed and done my walk later in the day. Not the same energy.

• Ashley

October 29, 2020 at 9:24 am

@pricewool

I wonder if others also feel they operate best in the morning like us!

I am often so tired after work that I spend the rest of the evening on the couch

• Michele Quier

October 30, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Great Question Ashley

I do wonder that same thing! I seem to feel my best about 1 or 2 hours after I get up in the morning until shortly after supper time. Some days are better than others though. I am never consistent in how I feel from day to day. I basically have the same routine from day to day as I gave up just about everything I was involved in about 3 years ago when all this started for me. I guess I will never have a normal life ever again? Some days are good and other days are bad. This to me is puzzling as I cant help but think something else is going on with me but LEMS is what the dr insists is it. I have been on Ruzugi for a total of 8 months now. I was hoping to get back to somewhat of a normal life but no luck for me. Thankfully I work from home as there is no way that I could possibly work outside the home. The more I stand and the more I walk the worse I get. When I am feeling my best I am still only at about 70% of what I normally was. Its a struggle. I try not to use a cane but when we go on vacation I need to take a wheelchair as I wont be able to enjoy myself if I didnt. I have read things online and it seems like when people go on meds that they feel almost normal? Thats what confuses me. So…in answer to your question. I definately feel better about an hour or two after I wake up but never 100% mobile and each day is different no matter what I do.

• Ashley

October 30, 2020 at 3:10 pm

Hey @michm7270

Like you, I have good and bad days too. I think everyone does. I’m sorry things aren’t back to normal for you. I know I’ve developed a new “normal” with the help of IVIG. I’m glad you’re able to work from home too!

IVIG has made me feel pretty close to pre-LEMS on my good weeks.. but of course I still have days when I have more symptoms and days that require rest. Have you tried IVIG yet? If not, I have hope that it would help you a lot and I think it’s worth a try!

• Michele Quier

November 2, 2020 at 7:42 am

My nuerologist hasnt mention anything  about IVIG being an option yet. I will have to ask him at my next checkup. I would love “weeks” of feeling pretty good instead of a few hours here and there each week. thanks for the suggestion.

• Ashley

November 2, 2020 at 12:06 pm

@michm7270

I would definitely ask him/her about IVIG. Many of us are receiving it for LEMS and it makes a big difference!

Here is a link for a study you can share with your neurologist if need be! This one is also a great one!  Let me know if you end up getting IVIG!