Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? LEMS Patients Are Living As Long As People Who Do Not Have The Disease

• LEMS Patients Are Living As Long As People Who Do Not Have The Disease

Posted by Forum Moderator on February 3, 2020 at 12:19 pm

Lambert-Eaton News Today’s multimedia associate, Price Wooldridge, discusses a study that finds that LEMS patients are living as long as people who do not have the disease.

Are you interested in learning more about Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome? If so, please visit lamberteatonnews.com/

What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comments section below:

Dawn DeBois replied 4 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Dawn DeBois

February 4, 2020 at 8:36 am

Price,

Great job on this!  Thank you for agreeing to be “The voice of Lambert-Eaton News!”

I think the study is very important for people to listen to. I know that many patient who have just recently been diagnosed are very scared about their prognosis.  I remember asking my neurologist and she just shrugged her head and said “it’s so rare, we really don’t know.”

For those of us that have been living with LEMS for a number of years, who have found a treatment combination that works well for them, such as I have, I truly find that LEMS will not shorten my lifespan, as long as I continue on the treatment path I am on.  I also push myself to exercise so as to not let my muscles atrophy- even when I really don’t feel like exercising. The one good thing about having dogs is they can tell you what time it is- and my beagle never misses 3 pm, the time she starts thinking it walk time!  The walk benefits my dogs, benefits my heart, benefits my muscles, and benefits my soul getting out in the fresh air.  Sometimes, we only walk around my backyard. Sometimes, we go for much longer walks. It’s all a matter of pushing yourself to do something.  I highly recommend having a dog to push you on days that you’d rather stay curled up on the couch 🙂

Happy Tuesday everyone!