Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics LEMS Walk #4 and the MDA Telethon that was… (video)

• LEMS Walk #4 and the MDA Telethon that was… (video)

Posted by Price Wooldridge on September 5, 2020 at 1:14 pm

It’s been many, many years, but in the past the big event on TV in the U.S. on Labor Day Weekend was the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. It aired every year with star performances and appearances by so many celebrities, all to benefit the MDA, raising money and awareness. When Jerry died the telethon faded away. I was thinking about it on my LEMS walk this morning. So as my temporary moderator-ship gets close to ending, I wanted to share one more LEMS walk video. Sometimes they feel great, other times I struggle. Right now my left knee is injured, but the LEMS is pretty okay right now. Hit the link to watch. And keep walking!

https://vimeo.com/455062887

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Dawn DeBois

September 6, 2020 at 6:50 am

@Pricewool

I used to look forward to the Jerry Lewis telethon every year!! What a great memory!
    And, FYI, you are MORE than welcome to keep your “Walks with Price”- as I think of them- videos coming. You don’t have to talk about LEMS, you could give us your thoughts on other things as you walk, with LEMS. I’m certainly not video savvy like someone I know- uh, you!

What do you all think, LEN forum members, what topics would you like Price’s insight on while he records “Walks with Price” for us?

• Price Wooldridge

September 6, 2020 at 8:48 am

Thanks Dawn! I’ll probably keep posting as the mood strikes. Tons of local TV affiliates all over the country also did their own fundraising telethon cut-ins along with a Jerry. I’ve heard many of my broadcast colleagues speak fondly, remembering their own local work on these shows.