Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS My Pacemaker 1st Anniversary! My Covid Vaccine Anniversary!

• My Pacemaker 1st Anniversary! My Covid Vaccine Anniversary!

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 24, 2022 at 7:00 am

Okay, this isn’t exactly Lambert-Eaton related. I’m sitting here Saturday, January 21st, 2022, thinking about January 21st, 2021. It was a B-I-G health day.
    Here’s my pacemaker!

Early that morning in 2021 I reported to day surgery at the VA Hospital in Dallas. My pacemaker implant surgery started around 9 AM and I was leaving the hospital around Noon. This was also very early in the process of getting that first COVID vaccine shot. They were scarce, and only certain groups of people were getting them. With my LEMS and other conditions, Tarrant County put me pretty high on the list, and I was given an appointment for my first shot the afternoon which coincided with my pacemaker implant surgery at 2:30. I was in a dead panic! Could I get it? This was my surgery day! Damn! Once in the surgery suite, I asked and the surgeon said no problem, “What we’re doing today has no impact on your COVID vaccine shot. Get it.”

At 2:30 the afternoon of my morning pacemaker surgery I was at the Arlington Convention Center getting my first COVID vaccine from a local fireman. Wow! They were so organized and, though there were car lines just to park, it was all a very orderly process.

The good news is a strange, but good feeling of calmness came over me. In the coming days I felt a new quiet as my biorhythms changed.

Oh wait! Yes, my LEMS did play a part in all this. I never thought or felt anything.
    Thank you LEMS for taking the day off!

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.