Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Netflix series that focus on chronic illness

• Netflix series that focus on chronic illness

Posted by Ashley on August 7, 2020 at 10:26 am

Hey all!

I know we are all struggling right now with the continued social isolation that you are most likely facing during this pandemic and social distancing at home. On Monday I released a list of podcasts that focus on chronic illness. Today I have decided to list some shows on Netflix that focus on chronic illness as well.

1. Alexa and Katie- About a teen who is diagnosed with cancer and her best friend
    2.  Brain on Fire (Based on a book)- The true story of Susannah Calahan
    3.  Unrest- A PhD student who suffers from Chronic Fatigue syndrome and ME
    4.  The Fundamentals of Caring- Focuses a teen who cares for a patient with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
    5.  Kiss and Cry- 17 year old Carley Allison’s true story after being diagnosed with Sarcoma
    6.  Degrassi: Next Class- A teen “drama” where one of the main characters is diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis
    7.  Gaga: Five Foot Two- A documentary about Lady Gaga’s experience with fibromyalgia
    8.  My beautiful Broken Brain- A true story about Lotje Sodderland who is recovering from a stroke caused by Congenital Vascular Malformation
    9.  Atypical- A “Coming of age” comedy that touches on Autism
    10.  Be Here Now- Documentary based on Andy Whitfield’s journey with Non-Hodkins Lymphoma

This article gives a good description of each show if you want to know more about them before deciding to check them out.

Ashley replied 3 years, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.