Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Pets and the Pandemic

• Pets and the Pandemic

Posted by Dawn DeBois on April 28, 2020 at 8:54 am

I hope everyone is doing well in this “new normal” we are experiencing! I have been quarantined since the beginning of March and the only people that have come into my house were the furnace guys, all masked up with N95 masks, when they came to replace my furnace.

If it wasn’t for my pets, I’d be losing my mind!  My pug is 11, Rocky, and he just goes with the flow; but also gives me plenty of reason to walk every day. Wylie, my tuxie kittie, is so silly and always watching for birds in the bird feeder; and then there is George, my Orange Tabby.  They listen when I talk- and all of them have their own way of communicating back to me. Rocky, by the tilt of his head, Wylie has a certain meow when he wants something and then George’s meow sounds exactly like he’s saying “Mama” in the most grovely of voices. Ok, maybe I have been quarantined a bit too long- ha!

Today, the news reported the first dog in the US to test positive from COVID-19, and of course, it was a pug named Winston!  Three members of the family had COVID and the pug slept with the mom- of course! Pugs are used to the royal treatment. Another dog and two cats in the family tested negative.  The mom in this family is a Pediatrician at Duke, so they took part in a study and even though Winston had mild symptoms, everyone is fine now. (I’m not sure if the rests of the family had any symptoms- It looks like they just had the opportunity to get tested as a part of the study).

My question to you is:  Do you  have pets that are helping you get through quarantine and social distancing? Tell us about them!  Also, are you concerned they will catch COVID-19?

[caption id="attachment_15681" align="alignnone" width="300"] George, Rocky and Wylie are keeping me sane![/caption]

Dawn DeBois replied 4 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.