Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Autoimmune LEMS Stormy Weather- Does it affect your LEMS symptoms?

• Stormy Weather- Does it affect your LEMS symptoms?

Posted by Dawn DeBois on February 5, 2020 at 10:00 am

The first significant snow storm is en route to Maine right now. Significant in that many parts of my state will see around 12″ of snow. My arthritis in my fingers, toes, and knees could really feel the barometric swing yesterday as the temps started falling from the 40 degree mark. I noticed also that my legs were heavier than I typically deal with last night. I’m thinking the incoming storm is having that effect. How about you- do storms and barometric swings increase your LEMS symptoms?

Dawn DeBois replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Andrea Yannicelli

February 9, 2020 at 2:46 pm

Not the storm but yes the summer and the tropical wether. I feel terrible in summer  and some days specially tired. My legs are heavier .

• Dawn DeBois

February 10, 2020 at 9:18 am

Andrea,

I saw you are from Argentina!  I can’t imagine how difficult really hot days must be for you! Heat slows down the neuromuscular junction and ours, with LEMS, is slowed down already. The heavy leg feeling, or symptoms that flare, is a common occurrence. People that don’t have LEMS or Myasthenica Gravis stuggle in the heat and are tired. We have it a lot worse. I’m in Maine, which rarely gets super hot.  I’d like to visit Argentina one day, though!

Thank you for being active in our forums!

Dawn