Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Survival gadgets for summer with LEMS

• Survival gadgets for summer with LEMS

Posted by Ashley on June 29, 2021 at 7:24 am

Hey all!

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m definitely ready for the weekend!

We all know that heat can be a big trigger for LEMS exacerbations.

I found some really cool gadgets on AmazonĀ that I think are really helpful. I plan to purchase a couple of them for myself!

• The first one worth mentioning is a “Portable air conditioner” that sells for about $66. I think this speaks for itself! You just add water and ice to it to begin cooling!
    • Next up are two choices on personal fans that you can actually wear. The first option is more sleek looking, while the second is bulkier but has better reviews.
    • Lastly, are two different options for neck wraps that cool using ice. The first option is more similar to a bandana, and the second claims to last two hours. It appears to be made with plastic, but you can purchase a fabric wrap to go over it separately.

Would you guys try any of these? Do you already have some gadgets to help you combat the heat? If so, I would love if you would share them with us!

Ashley replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • price-wooldridge

June 30, 2021 at 7:41 am

Thanks for researching this! Heat in Texas is my biggest LEMS issue during the summer months. I especially liked the ice scarf thing for $20.

• Ashley

June 30, 2021 at 8:13 am

No problem @pricewool I’m glad you found it helpful! If you try the ice scarf, let us know how it goes!