Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Tacrolimus for LEMS?

• morgan

May 27, 2022 at 3:39 pm

Yes, @ashleygregory757.

I’m currently taking Tacrolimus along with Prednisone and IVIG infusions for my LEMS treatment.

I was doing well just taking IVIG and Prednisone but as my neurologist slowly weaned the Prednisone my symptoms came back. He first suggested adding Cellcept but after blood work he decided to try Tacrolimus.

I think the Tacrolimus has helped a little but I’m not back to how I was when I was on the high dose of Prednisone. I have to have blood work every 4 months while taking Tacrolimus to check levels. I’m currently taking 4mg but I’m not sure how much it can be increased as long as the level remains low. I was hoping I would get a “boost” from the last IVIG treatment being on Tacrolimus but unfortunately I have not.

Thank you for the topic! I hope I answered your question.

• Ashley

May 31, 2022 at 9:11 am

@morgan1028

I’m glad it is going well so far for you! I hope that with some time you will get more of a boost from the IVIG and Tacrolimus.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Please keep us updated. Will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that you get the boost you need.