Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Telehealth Visits

• Telehealth Visits

Posted by Dawn DeBois on May 28, 2020 at 7:10 am

The use of Telehealth has increased as much as Zoom meetings thanks to the COVID-19 Pandemic.  I had two telehealth appointments last week and one in person doctor appointment. I requested the one in person appointment (vs. a telehealth visit) because I hadn’t yet been seen, by my neurologist, since my concussion.

I appreciate the ease of telehealth visits; but was relieved to be able to have an in person appointment with my neuro. However, in hindsight, the conversations she and I had in regards to my concussion could have been done over Zoom.

Have you had a telehealth visit? What were your impressions? Do you prefer telehealth over in person appointments?

RDT replied 3 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • RDT

May 30, 2020 at 5:46 am

I’ve had 4 televisit so far and although I encountered a few computer glitches it’s the best thing ever. Unless you need to be physically examined I think it’s a wonderful option! I still need to go into the hospital every week for my chemo treatment, but will always opt for a televisit where possible.

I’m hoping it can continue after the covid-19 is controlled/ distancing relaxed.

I have major mobility issues and unable to walk without assistive devices and with my severe fatigue, muscle weakness & muscle cramps, it takes me at least 2 bed bound days to recover from any outing. So this option has been quite a blessing for me and I can even schedule more than one appointment in a given week since I have zero downtime like before for in office visits. Also being on chemo treatments right now is also way more of a protection for me even beyond covid-19 precautions.

So definitely PRO televisits for my personal circumstances!👍🏼😇