Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums In the News Telemedicine for Neurology?

• Telemedicine for Neurology?

Posted by Dawn DeBois on January 13, 2020 at 9:00 am

Telemedicine Benefits a Range of Neurologic Disorders‘ summarizes recent studies involving utilizing telemedicine as a way to help expedite care, lower health care costs and improve patient outcomes for multiple widely known neuro diseases such as MS, migraines, and Parkinsons.  My first thought was the benefit this would have for assisting in diagnosis for rare diseases, like ours, LEMS! Most neuro’s never see a LEMS patient.  Can you imagine if neuros who are unsure can bring in a LEMS expert for the exam via telemedicine?  How much quicker do you think your diagnosis would have been if this could have been done for you?

Ashley replied 4 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ashley

January 13, 2020 at 5:09 pm

Dawn,

I think this is an excellent idea! Luckily, I didn’t have to wait too long for my diagnosis because my neurologist was well versed with dysautonomia/LEMS. I can imagine this would be helpful for those neuros that are not that familiar with the disease to assist in diagnosing and it would also be useful to have new neurologists sit in on a consult with neurologists who are familiar with LEMS/currently treating patients with is as a learning tool! I hope this becomes more popular and that neuros that have experience would be willing to teach those that don’t!