Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics What Non-Profit Out There Really Supports LEMS?

• What Non-Profit Out There Really Supports LEMS?

Posted by Price Wooldridge on February 21, 2022 at 7:00 am

With Rare Disease Day fast approaching, it’s time to think about which non-profits (501c3) actually support Lambert-Eaton with research and education dollars. We want to tell our friends about LEMS, but it seems natural to also ask for support. A gift. But to whom?

A Google search for Lambert-Eaton foundation or association turns up nothing. There isn’t one. We seem to be a step-child to someone. I’ve heard names tossed around, but who is actually budgeting money for education and research for LEMS? I think I’m going to find out.

Non-Profits I hear most about are the MDA, Global Genes, NORD, Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America. Maybe there are others, or perhaps someone exclusively devoted to LEMS I’ve not heard of. We will see.

In the topics ahead I will let you know what I found out as I go probing. If I send my money to help, who out there really does care, not just with words, but with hard budget money to fund research and patient/physician education. Stay tuned.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.