Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashley Gregory

Hey all!

I know we’ve talked in the past about the ages we were diagnosed with LEMS, but I was wondering what year everyone was actually diagnosed.

I have a feeling most of us weren’t diagnosed too long ago due to awareness being so low for LEMS.

I was diagnosed in 2015, What about you?

Krzysztof
      Participant
      <span lang="en" style="max-height: 999999px;">Hello, I was diagnosed around 2003. In Warsaw, at the medical university in Poland
      Christopher</span>
      Mary
      Participant

I was Diagnosed December 2020. The blood test came back as low. But my symptoms put me in the hospital 3 wks. Rehab 2 weeks. Im being treating for it with IVIG along with a steroid and Pyridostigmine and i hope it works. I have tube feed because. I got down to 99lbs. What i have read on this forum might be dated but i seem to relate to each. The double vision and swallowing are most challenging. I cant get feedback on double vision. I
      have prisms for reading but cant wear them all the time. Sorry i got carred away

Krzysztof
      Participant

Hello. I was diagnosed around 2003. In Warsaw, at the medical university in Poland.

I tek 60 mg of Firdapse and 180 mg of Pyridostygmine and 35 mg Prednizon

Mary Ann Camporeale
      Participant

I was diagnosed with LEMS June of 2018.

Roberta
      Participant

I was diagnosed in 2008.

Dorothy Dempsey
      Participant

I was diagnosed with LEMS in 2014.

Ashley Gregory

Hey

@krzysztoffrompoland

@marym

@maclif

@bobbi-lynn-berry

@dordem

I’m so thrilled to see all of your responses! Thank you for sharing with me! I think it’s pretty interesting that so far most of us have been diagnosed in the last 10 years! I believe that LEMS is more common than thought, but misdiagnosed very often or patients are left with an undiagnosed diagnosis. I wonder if LEMS has always been this prevalent or if something in the environment or our genetics are to be blamed for the increase. What do you guys think?

Joanne Evans
      Participant

I was diagnosed in January 2020 but had symptoms for 8 years prior. Was forced to leave work early.

I am thinking our numbers would be much greater because the percentage of cancer and LEMS.

Ashley Gregory

Hey

@joanneevans

I’m sorry you had such a long time waiting for a diagnosis and that you were forced to leave work. I’m sure that was very hard.

Ron Lisjack
      Participant

Started noticing mobility issues around Dec 2018, came back home to work and noticed that I needed to use both railings to climb stairs, so off to the Doctors I went. I was diagnosed in the fall of 2019, after 6 or 7 months of multiple Doctors, MRI’s, EMG’s, X-Rays,

Ashley Gregory

Hey

@ronlisjack

Thanks for sharing with us! I’m glad you didn’t have to wait terribly long for your diagnosis!

Tina Sadler
      Participant

I was diagnosed in January 1994

Ashley Gregory

Hey @teenz!

Thanks for sharing with us!

David1949
      Participant

I was diagnosed in 2014.

Ashley Gregory

Hey @dpmitnick

Thanks for sharing!

Gary Chudd
      Participant

I think I was about 50 when they finally diagnosed me with LEGS after many misdiagnoses.

Ashley Gregory

Hey @gary-chudd

Thanks for sharing! What were you misdiagnosed with prior to your LEMS?

Ginny Boynton
      Participant

I was diagnosed in 2001 after just a few months of noticeable weakness.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account