Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics When is it time to apply for disability?

• When is it time to apply for disability?

Posted by Ashley on December 1, 2021 at 7:31 am

Good morning all!

Today I wanted to talk about a very relevant topic for most of us, The “D” word: Disability.

The question I think most of us have is “when is it time to apply for disability?”

Personally, I’m not there yet but I have no doubt that one day, I will have to come to terms with my LEMS and Lupus diagnosis and might be unable to work. Working definitely takes a big toll on my body. There are often days that I come home, immediately crash on the couch and can’t seem to get myself up to do the things I need to do which usually results in me getting up and going to bed, sometimes without dinner …. That has been happening a lot lately.

We’ve talked a little about this topic in our zoom meetings, many of you have questions about disability, applying and the process.

Today I want to focus on the topic of coming to terms that it may be time to apply. Like I said, I’m not there yet… but I know many that might be in that spot.

I found a great article on our sister site, Scleroderma News.

Applying for Disability Benefits Wasn’t Easy, but I Did It” by Amy Baker is an article I think we can all relate to.

If you’re thinking about disability, what are the things that stop you from applying? For those that are on disability, can you share a little about your personal experiences with the process of applying and if you wished you did it sooner, or waited longer to apply.

If you are interested in learning more about applying for disability, you can view the application here (for the United States).

Looking forward to hearing all of your opinions and experiences!

Ashley replied 2 years, 4 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.