• Community Member

    Member

    Im curious too. I have had back injection pain under anesthesia for several years. I have an appointment with pain clinic. I have had horrible pain in my lower back. I know that there can be lower back and hip pain being i take Firdapst but i think it is beyond that being i had back pain for several years prior. It may have aggrevated it. I need something done so i want to try it again but wont if the anesthesia this article talks about would be used. Has anyone else had steroid injections in their back while being treated for LEMS?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Hey @marym

    Usually just local anesthesia is used for a back/hip injection, so this shouldn’t affect your LEMS. The anesthesia that can cause problems with LEMS is a general anesthetic (which requires you to be intubated/have a breathing tube).

    I had three joint injections in my shoulder about 3 years ago with no issues whatsoever.

Log in to reply.