Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS A Reminder to Exercise!

• A Reminder to Exercise!

Posted by Price Wooldridge on April 17, 2022 at 11:45 am

I was visiting with a fellow LEMS friend the other day, and though she is usually in a wheelchair, she continues to do daily exercise within her capabilities. This inspires me!

We all need some form of regular exercise routine, tailored to our capabilities and our life schedules. I hope you will take this to heart. It doesn’t have to be heavy cardio in a gym! It might be walking, yoga, pilates, or stretching. We all need to do something to help maintain muscle strength and tone. Releasing those endorphins for that good feeling is a bonus.

Recently I just completed 4 weeks of PT for my shoulders and must continue on to avoid surgery and keep my shoulders together, functioning as they should. My PT trainer used elastic band exercises, lightweight dumbbells, and one machine in my supervised routines.

Because of limited space, I can’t have my own, personal gym. No machines are going to fit in my house. So, I purchased these online!

These color-coded bands have weight resistances from 10 to 50 pounds. Trust me, 10 pounds is pretty easy to pull.

Most of my exercises start with one of these bands anchored somewhere along with one of my interior doors. Like this…

In addition to these resistance bands, you can also use lightweight dumbbells. During my rehab, we used 2.5 and 5 pounders, pretty small. Trust me. With extended arm exercises, 5 pounds can get pretty heavy!!! These are readily available at very inexpensive prices.

You don’t need an expensive gym membership or have large exercise machines in your home to get a good workout. I don’t think I’ve got more than $50 invested in my floor mat and resistance bands.

Let’s go! It’s time for you to start an easy, ongoing exercise routine!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.