Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics B12 and LEMS, Do You Take Supplements?

• B12 and LEMS, Do You Take Supplements?

Posted by price-wooldridge on March 16, 2023 at 7:00 am

A fellow LEMS friend recently recommended taking a B12 vitamin supplement, telling me she felt it was helping her and her LEMS.

According to the label on a bottle I purchased, B12 “helps reduce fatigue” and “Supports brain cell function.” There is a disclaimer added on the labeling that the FDA has not tested or evaluated the actual validity of these statements.

Could B12 be helpful for LEMS? We can suffer from fatigue, brain fogginess, and can have dysautonomia. According to a National Institute of Health Vitamin B 12 Fact Sheet for Professionals, “Vitamin B12 is required for the development, myelination, and function of the central nervous system; healthy red blood cell formation; and DNA synthesis…”

After my friend recommended B12 to me I asked my Primary Care doctor for her recommendation. She knows all my medical history and has all my latest lab work. She said I was not deficient in B12, but saw no reason I couldn’t give it a try.

I have started trialing it. I recommend to anyone considering adding supplements to their daily intake, please consult the appropriate physician or clinician on your healthcare team for their recommendation, given your specific health status and history.

Do you use Supplements? Let us know in the comments!

Here’s the detailed FACT SHEET on B12, HERE.

price-wooldridge replied 1 year, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.