Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Covid-19 Vaccine, that’s a wrap!

• Covid-19 Vaccine, that’s a wrap!

Posted by price-wooldridge on March 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm

In the broadcasting business, when you finish a project and the shooting is done, the director shouts, “That’s a wrap!”
    If it’s a really big deal, there will even be a wrap party! Dinner, drinks, and good fellowship. Any excuse right?
    My second Covid-19 vaccine shot happened last Monday, so “that’s a wrap on the vaccine”!!!…for me.
    Still, many younger people haven’t received even the first shot yet. Where are you?
    Had your first, or both? Have you planned your wrap party? Let us know.

My reaction to the second, Moderna vaccine was harsher than the first, with a very sore arm and feeling pretty puny for about a day. Still well worth the protection it should offer, and just one step closer to herd immunity.

marym replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • marym

April 4, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Price the only appointment i could get in our area for the Moderna Covid shot was 3 days after my IVIG and steroid infusions are tomorrow and every 2 weeks. Covid shot Wednesday. Appointments for the Covid injection is really hard to get and will be worse when it opens up for everyone.
    Do you know of anyone who has had the shot that Close to IVIG? Being i see double it is hard to read all that is posted to find that answer
    Thank you

• price-wooldridge

April 5, 2021 at 9:46 am

@marym Hi Mary! I think you’ve highlighted the problem about getting the Covid vaccine, it’s hard to get in many places. I felt I had to take it, both times, when they made my appointments. I had no input when that would be, so timing around IVIG was impossible. For me it was two weeks after my IVIG. My neurologist thought that was good, but I’m not sure how knowledgeable everyone is. I’m trying to schedule a Covid antibodies blood test to see what my immunity actually is. Stay tuned. This is probably a discussion you should have with your neurologist. I do know studies are in progress to determine effectiveness on people with autoimmune disorders.

• marym

April 6, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Thank you
    I am following what you find out!