Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Depression with Chronic Illness and LEMS

• Depression with Chronic Illness and LEMS

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 17, 2022 at 7:00 am

Recognizing and treating a mental illness is so important. It’s well known that having a chronic illness such as LEMS, can make one more likely to have or develop a mental health condition.

While I consider myself a cheerful, happy person most of the time (My glass is generally half full), I have suffered from depression in the past. Occasionally I suffer from the blues now too. After all, there’s a lot going on. We’re living through the first widespread pandemic of our lives. And we have a chronic illness, Lambert-Eaton. It’s kind of a double whammy.

In my view, the most important thing is to recognize and acknowledge that you have a mental illness or depression. You can’t go get help if you don’t admit to yourself there’s a problem. Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of. Tell someone about it and seek help. There’s nothing to be shy about, trying to fix yourself as best you can.

The first step is to tell someone the problem so you can get help. Here’s a great article about talking to your physician. Just hit this LINK.

As I mentioned above, having a chronic illness and dealing with it day in and day out, can be onerous. It’s no wonder we get the blues or depression. To better understand the link between chronic illness, depression and how to tackle it, read this excellent article, “Chronic Illness and Mental Health: Recognizing and Treating Depression”, HERE.

Now let’s get out there and have a great rest of the day!

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.