Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS IVIG and Plasmapheresis Does inactivity lead to muscle soreness for you?

• Does inactivity lead to muscle soreness for you?

Posted by Ashley on October 23, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Happy Friday! (Insert happy dance!)

Although I have IVIG this morning (and yesterday), I am happy the weekend is finally here!

I’m looking forward to a massage I have scheduled tomorrow morning!

My back and muscles in general are always out of whack after infusion days! Sitting in a chair for two days straight really upsets them.

Does anyone else notice they have the same problem?

I notice that the more inactive I am, the more irritated my muscles can get. I have had to learn to find the balance between moving enough and moving too much!

If so, do you have some tips/tricks for me? I often bring my heating pad to the infusion center which does help!

Ashley replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joanne Evans

October 27, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Yes it does lead to stiff and sore muscles. Trying to find a way to exercise more. I am going to plead to my neurologist for a plasma exchange. I’m sure that would give me the strength to be active every day.

• Ashley

October 28, 2020 at 7:18 am

Hey @joanneevans

I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. I hope you are able to plasmapheresis! Have you tried IVIG? I know many will more commonly approve IVIG because phresis requires a dual port and sometimes a hospitalization.