Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Friendships with LEMS and chronic illness

• Friendships with LEMS and chronic illness

Posted by Ashley on February 2, 2020 at 11:12 am

Good morning all!

I was recently thinking about how some of my friendships became a lot stronger after my LEMS diagnosis. I sadly also lost (or thought I did) a lot of “friendships” when I was originally diagnosed because I wasn’t “fun” anymore or was “too sick.” This really took a toll on me and fueled my anger for the first year of my diagnosis- I was really angry about my diagnosis and felt that I was losing many of the people I was close to, and losing “myself.” I had a very hard time coping in the beginning stages of my diagnosis, but have grown in so many ways after accepting it!

BUT now I look at things completely differently! I am grateful that my diagnosis weeded out many friendships that were not real! I have found many new friends, quite a few with chronic illness in general (some with LEMS, like Dawn) who have become even better friends who understand me much more than others.

Do you feel that your friendships or relationship with your family members has changed since your diagnosis?

Ashley replied 4 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.