Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Fruit In the Anti-Inflammatory Diet

• Fruit In the Anti-Inflammatory Diet

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 26, 2023 at 7:00 am

It’s a known fact that an anti-inflammatory diet can help with many disorders, including our Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome. I’ve been incorporating the Mediterranean Diet more and more into my life at the end of last year and into 2023.

A large component of the Mediterranean Diet is fresh fruit. This is an easy one for me because I love sweet things, and fruits are generally sweet. In addition, fresh fruit provides natural sugars, much more healthy and beneficial to those of us with diabetes. My body loves natural sugars and they don’t drive up my blood sugar numbers as refined sugars do.

First, get yourself a good kitchen knife and sharpener. Then use it to cut up fresh fruit from the market. Some of my favorites are mangos, pears, and apples. More and more I’m cutting up fresh fruit and eating it that way.

I also love berries, all kinds of berries. At the store, I buy strawberries in season, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. I also love a nice bag of red, seedless grapes. Just pick them from the stems, wash and bag them. You’ve got a tasty, healthy snack ready anytime to enjoy.

The joys of eating sweet fruit are almost endless, and knowing they’re helping boost you to better health makes it even sweeter!

Do you have enough fresh fruit in your diet? What are your favorites?

price-wooldridge replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • kim-vemmer

January 27, 2023 at 2:18 pm

Since I was diagnosed with LEMS as well as adult onset CSID (my body doesn’t digest sugar and starch) so I eat lots of fresh berries and fresh meat and veggies. I have to avoid any fruit that has natural sugars- apples, bananas oranges and peaches. I can’t do any processed meats or cheeses either. Overall though this has made me eat healthier than I have in a long time and I definitely think it’s helped my LEMS also

• price-wooldridge

January 30, 2023 at 11:47 am

Kim, it sounds like you’ve found a good plan that meets your body’s needs and doesn’t cause problems for you. I’m reading more and more how much a good, healthy diet helps with so many physical disorders.

• dorothy-dempsey

January 27, 2023 at 2:44 pm

I grow my own raspberries and blueberries so use them in my smoothies which I make almost every day. And I toss in a handful of my own Kale as well. I preserve plenty of berries and Kale in my freezer for winter months. I love pears and mangoes too!

• price-wooldridge

January 30, 2023 at 11:50 am

Dorothy this sounds awesome! Growing your own is the ultimate in healthy! I cut them up and eat fresh pears all the time! Mango’s are unfortunately on my ‘do not eat’ list due to CKD, but cutting up a fresh one and eating cubes of fresh mango is delectable! I’ve sneaked a few in time to time.