Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Getting out with LEMS (the good)

• Getting out with LEMS (the good)

Posted by Price Wooldridge on August 16, 2021 at 7:16 am

Okay, I shot this cool video of a steam train pass at full speed and want to share it with you. I have a better reason too. I’m trying to encourage you to get out, as best you can, when your LEMS allows. There are so many benefits to getting out of the house, amongst them!

First, watch the video! https://vimeo.com/587009463

This was a good, easy outing for me. I’m in my last week before my next IVIG, so it’s during this time I’m especially prone to problems.
    I was able to drive to the location for the train pass, and there was easy parking right at the tracks. I walked perhaps 50 yards to get to my shooting location. I stood maybe 15 to 20 minutes before the train’s arrival. While waiting, I visited with other train geeks and curious who gathered. The train pass took about 45 seconds and was gone. A short walk back to my car and the excursion was done. How did I benefit? First, I got out of my chair in the house. I got some fresh air and sunshine. I got the opportunity to interact with others and have a good time. Finally, I got this cool video! So ends a successful outing, even with LEMS. I did a lot of planning.
    The next day I took a friend to see the train on exhibition in downtown Fort Worth. That excursion did not go well. My next topic will cover what went wrong, despite the planning.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.