Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Homeopathic Remedies

• Ashley

February 6, 2020 at 8:29 am

Carmen,

I’m sorry to hear that, but am glad you are finally feeling better! I really hope you will have better results with the Benadryl and Tylenol. You could also add solumedrol to help prevent headaches also, that really made the difference for me. I get 25mg of solumedrol on each day.  Steroids can exacerbate LEMS, but I get such a low dose with my infusion that I do not notice that at all, but everyone is different. Also I spend the days of my infusion just relaxing and know not to plan anything or think I am going to be productive on these days. Taking it easy has really helped me also.

I take the combo about 30 mins before they run my infusion. I get 500 ( I think, but am not positive on this one) Tylenol in pill form and  50mg Benadryl by IV, and they run it with my saline for pre-hydration before IVIG. This usually takes about 30 mins for the saline infusion so it is perfect timing to “kick in” prior to my infusion. It also helps me sleep/relax during my infusion which I am thankful for. I do not do too well sitting for long periods of time, and my infusion usually takes about 6 hours.

Page 2 of 2