Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Why I had to step back from the Forums for a bit

• Why I had to step back from the Forums for a bit

Posted by Dawn DeBois on September 1, 2020 at 2:53 am

Hi everyone! It’s been far too long. I’ve missed you all, and the forums, more than you know.

You see, when I suffered my concussion in March , which I now refer to as my “Corona Crunch”, I truly had no idea what I was in for with my recovery, nor did I have any idea what would help, hurt, or hinder my recovery. I will share more about this in my return column that will be published on Sept 16. Suffice it to say, I had an extreme exacerbation of my concussion/traumatic brain injury (TBI) symptoms at the end of June. Things came on so fast and hard, I didn’t have a chance to say “Goodbye, I’ll see you later.” And I hated that fact. I’m always polite, and that wasn’t the polite thing to do.  But, I’m back. Praise God.

Ashley and Price were given zero notice, not even from me (because I couldn’t, not that I didn’t want to!), and they stepped up to the plate and took over without skipping a beat.

I could barely deal with the light from any screens, it was painful; but I would sneak a peak at how things were going, and I was beyond impressed, amazed and proud of my two very dear friends. I’d scroll down the Activity tab on my screen, real quick, each day to see what the posts were, and your activity, as members, and the all new members who’ve joined since I left, added happiness during an incredibly difficult time.

So, I need to thank all of you and most especially Ashley and Price. Thank you for not even skipping a beat. I’ve always been amazed at Ashley’s thoughtful topics; and loved the “Walks with Price” videos. Both of them were the essential workers of the forums during a very difficult time. I knew that Ashley had to be incredibly stressed with her other passion, being an OR Nurse. Knowing Price, the voice of Lambert-Eaton News, I knew he would be the perfect fill in for me while I was gone. They both make me so proud and allowed me to work on healing without worry.

So, the next few weeks I will get acclimated back to working for the amazingly compassionate company, BioNews, Lambert-Eaton News‘ publisher. @kevin-schaefer was a super-hero manager when my brain literally exploded. I’ve decided that the brain explosion emoji was created by someone who has suffered from a TBI recovery. HR calmed me during my extremely scary experience. I’ve never been more proud to work for BioNews than now.

I’ve learned a lot while I was away; and I look forward to seeing your responses to what I’ve learned about how to deescalate the stress that can happen in times like these.  For example, I enjoyed countless sunrises while I couldn’t sleep. Watching the beauty of the start of a new day, while savoring my early morning coffee was one way I calmed my soul. Here is one of my favorite’s for you to enjoy, too.

[caption id="attachment_16571" align="alignnone" width="300"] Dawn at Dawn’s house.[/caption]

Ashley replied 3 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ashley

September 2, 2020 at 7:57 am

Welcome back @dawn-debois!

We are so glad to have you back! Thanks for the kind words! Looking forward to hearing about what you learned!