Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Mindfulness Interventions for LEMS

• Mindfulness Interventions for LEMS

Posted by Price Wooldridge on January 27, 2022 at 7:00 am

Have you ever heard of mindfulness-based interventions for Lambert-Eaton patients? These are also known as MBIs. Let me know if you have, or if you have participated in one. I’ve never been offered any such thing since my LEMS diagnosis. Nor have I ever heard MBIs mentioned anywhere on social media associated with Lambert-Eaton. MBIs help patients overcome anxiety, depression, and coping with symptoms from a chronic illness, like LEMS.

My next question would be, why not? It seems that a larger, more well-known disorder like Multiple Sclerosis, does get this kind of attention and MBI offerings. As we’ve spoken of frequently before, many of the life challenges LEMS patients face, are the same for other disorders. We should have MBI’s too! How do we get that going?

You can read the article, “Mindfulness Helped MS Patients Cope With Symptoms”, and let me know if this is something LEMS patients should have too!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.