Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS My New Med ID is In – Maybe You Need One

• My New Med ID is In – Maybe You Need One

Posted by Price Wooldridge on September 6, 2021 at 7:03 am

My new medical ID is in from Road ID! This will be my third over the past few years.

This is not an endorsement of a particular brand, but I like these! I am able to engrave enough information on the bracelet that I don’t need to pay for a subscription. You can tell I like bright colors too! If I’m down and unconscious, I want responders to see it.
    My last one was orange.
    Since space is limited, and we LEMS patients often have multiple issues, it’s important what information to include. I want to be resuscitated, so I say so. I know my blood type so it’s there too. Then I provide the most important information which I feel could be important in an emergency. Note I’ve added a blood pressure medication which I don’t tolerate. In high blood pressure situations they love to give this drug.
    Should you get a medical ID. It’s your call and your circumstances. Me, I like this little piece of information on me, just in case.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mary Hudak-Collins

September 9, 2021 at 11:05 am

Oooh, I like that! When I got my first prescription to Firdapse, they sent me the “My ID” bracelet. If you just want your meds in info, it doesn’t cost anything to use. But in order to put anything substantial, there is a subscription fee.
    Where did you get that ID? It looks like it holds a lot of information. Thanks for sharing!

• Price Wooldridge

September 9, 2021 at 5:40 pm

@mhudakcollins interestingly I was just on a call with Catalyst and we talked about those ID bands they sent out. This one is from Road ID. I like these for the reasons you mention. I have a discount card if you want to get one. Message me if you do. And like you said, I can get enough critical information to not need a paid subscription.