Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Now, I’m Going to Talk About Something I Know Nothing About, Headaches

• Now, I’m Going to Talk About Something I Know Nothing About, Headaches

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 12, 2022 at 1:00 pm

In my ongoing quest to help others, I thought today I’d tackle something I know absolutely nothing about, headaches. Yes, I know what they are. I’ve had one before. But I rarely get one. When I do, a Tylenol or two does the trick. Easy. Not so for some of my LEMS friends though. I hear the stories.

I have a friend and she gets migraine headaches fairly often. I understand these are especially bad. I know they’re so disabling for her, she retreats to her dark bedroom and rests, trying to keep it at bay. That’s not good. I guess if it rarely happened, it might not be so bad, but they happen frequently for her. For anyone, frequent headaches, migraine or not, must be a real problem.

For Multiple Sclerosis, I record audio tracks for a column by Jamie Hughes, “A Life In Letters”. She has lots of headaches. Like many of us LEMS patients, she also deals with pain, stress, tension, and strain too! She’s penned a great post, “Curing Headaches, Pain, and Stress, One Gizmo at a Time”. It’s not only witty but full of great gizmos to try in the ongoing battle. You can read it by hitting this LINK.

Do you struggle with headaches or migraines? What are your coping mechanisms?

dorothy-dempsey replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • dorothy-dempsey

January 19, 2022 at 3:35 pm

In reference to your article of Jan. 12th related to headaches,  I have been blessed with migraines for several years, each episode lasts approx. 3 months duration and every waking hour of the day.  I always have an aura before hand so I know when they are going to flare for the day.  My aura is always nausea and my eyes have trouble focusing with blurry vision. I can pretty much depend on migraines for spring and fall.  I have so far been intolerant of any medications prescribed for them.

• price-wooldridge

January 19, 2022 at 4:10 pm

@dordem Hi Dorothy! Over the years I’ve had several people relate to me their debilitating effects and problems from migraines. Every time I hear stories like yours, I’m so thankful I haven’t had them. I linked an article from an MS patient and her gizmos she’s tried to help her with her migraines. I hope you checked that out.

• dorothy-dempsey

January 19, 2022 at 4:22 pm

Thank you Price, yes I did read your article.