Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS Immunosuppression Only respiration problems

• Only respiration problems

Posted by Stan on March 19, 2021 at 5:29 pm

I have only ( but enough) big respiration problems( no other muscle involve ) i cannot feel the air and tachycardia . My inspiration power is very less ( an pneumological index called inspiration Pressure) . My miastenic antibody LPR 4 is positiv ? Have anyone same symptoms?

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ashley

March 20, 2021 at 8:54 am

Hey @chrisprodan

I do not experience respiratory issues personally, but I know some LEMS patients that do. I’m sorry you are going through that. My co-moderator @pricewool was a respiratory therapist and he may have some tips for you to help. Have you used an incentive spirometer before? We use them in the hospital to help strengthen your respiratory system.

Have you officially been diagnosed with LEMS? The LPR antibody is not directly associated with LEMS, more commonly it is found in myasthenia gravis, which causes mainly respiratory problems.

If so, do you receive any treatment or take any medications currently for your LEMS?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Price Wooldridge

March 21, 2021 at 12:12 pm

Nice to hear from you @chrisprodan. Regardless of whether you have LEMS, MG, or another disorder, respiratory problems need attention. Your tachycardia may be related to your difficulties with breathing. It’s important to report your problems to your primary care doctor for evaluation. Serious respiratory issues, including muscle weakness induced hypoxia, should be diagnosed and treated by a pulmonologist, known in some countries as a respirologist. Though the underlying problem may be neuromuscular related, sleep studies, and pulmonary treatment are not the area of a neurologist. There are many good breathing aids to help with this. I myself use CPAP. Please report your problems.