Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Post LEMS Flare Report

• Post LEMS Flare Report

Posted by Price Wooldridge on May 31, 2021 at 7:00 am

Last week I posted on a severe muscle weakness LEMS flare precipitated by a photo walk in very high humidity at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. I felt horrible, with weak shoulders, leaving the gardens and worse when I got home. The trapezius muscles on top of both shoulders remained sore day after day. I was worried. The last time I recall this flare pain it took a couple of weeks to subside. Fortunately, at one week out from the walk, the soreness and pain subsided.
    What caused this bad flare? Talking it out with Dawn, a fellow LEMS patient, she already had the answer, the humidity! Of course! Why didn’t I catch on and be more careful. I’ve experienced LEMS difficulties in the high summer heat, but never really considered the humidity. Until now. That day was very temperate and cloudy. You’d think it was perfect to get out and walk. But the humidity was very high and had been for days. This morning was just a brief break from heavy rains. In fact it was so moist, it had been misting off and on on my drive over. I should have factored that in. I’ve learned a hard lesson.
    It’s all part of learning to live, day in, day out, with LEMS.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.