Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS Resetting The Immune System

• Resetting The Immune System

Posted by pedrocorreiaartwork on April 29, 2024 at 4:49 am

Hey everyone,

Another pacient here, hope you’re all doing well.

I’d like to ask what are your thoughts on this: Immune System Reset.

I’ve mentioned it to my doctor and he told me that, this is done with bone-marrow transplant, as a LAST resort, since 5 out of 100 people who submit the intervention, perish.
    Also, there can be cases where people who live through, might have rejections to the treatment.

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda scared to go looking for the truth and then start going down the rabbit hole, on all the negative cases.. so, I was thinking, that this might be the place where it’s way more likely to find someone with the same condition, who might also have done or heard about this last resort treatment..

Hope you all have a great week and I hope we meet eachother at the next videocall.

Thank you..

Pedro Correia

pedrocorreiaartwork replied 3 days, 23 hours ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ashley

May 10, 2024 at 3:13 pm

Hey Pedro!

I am not familiar with the immune system reset. I have not heard of anyone receiving a bone marrow transplant for anything autoimmune, as far as I have heard usually they are reserved for cancer patients. I would love to learn more about this. Where did you get your information regarding this treatment from? Have you been diagnosed with LEMS? Looking forward to chatting with you!

• pedrocorreiaartwork

May 13, 2024 at 5:07 am

Hello,

Before anything, I have LEMS, yes.

For almost 2 years.

9 months to figure out what it was, while I was slowly ‘dying’ and worrying the whole family, 1 month at the hospital with diagnose, and then slowly recovering.

This suggestions of mine is basically the idea that there should be a mechanism in ourselves, that should be responsible for what antibodies are kept being produced or something, imagine a place with a recipe for each antibody.
      I talked to my doctor, and he told me that what I was looking for was a bone marrow transplant. Which has a 95% survival rate. Although he was very concerned on those odds, emphasizing that 5 out of 100 people perish, not just keep being sick or get slightly worse, but actually die, so doctors leave that as a last resort treatment. And like you mentioned, usually done on patients with cancer, but LEMS is also closely related to that, I think. Most LEMS cases have it underneath, and the few cases that don’t, perhaps could benefit from the same treatment.

To sum up, our own bodies/brains attack themselves, shutting the gates between the nerves and the muscles.

So.. could there be a way to reteach that to the brain?

In the same way he was taught to screw things up?

I’d like to nag my doctor again on this on a next appointment, actually had high hopes that someone in here had gone through with the procedure.
      I mean, I’m still waiting on some medication to kick in, in a couple months, but for now.. as you all now, nobody really knows what this really is, it’s a whole new feeling that imprison us every morning..

And it beats us over time..

Not just for LEMS, but maybe some other autoimmune diseases could have this method, even more polished, so that the chances of failure would be reduced to 0.

Sorry for the rant, hope you all have a great week and I’ll try to be on the Zoom meeting!

Regards,

Pedro