Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine onboard this LEMS patient

• Second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine onboard this LEMS patient

Posted by Price Wooldridge on February 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm

With reports all over the map on reactions to the Covid-19 vaccine, especially the second, I had no idea what to expect with mine. Thankfully, now more than 24 hours later, I’m doing fine. I had the second injection in the same arm as the first. It was much more sore than the first after 6-8 hours. Several times that evening, I started feeling very poorly, only to have it disappear in short order. My overnight sleep felt restful, but I was waking up many times throughout. Today I felt so good I walked outside and did weight work in my gym. Then this afternoon, getting the mail, I felt a little ragged, so I have rested the remainder of the day.
    Why did I fare so well, while others have not? My high school English teacher just had her second and has felt very ill, with chills, headache, and flu-like symptoms. I can only speculate.
    Knowing how those of us on IVIG pre-medicate with Tylenol and Benadryl before infusions, I pre-medicated with Tylenol before going for my shot. I continued a full corse of acetaminophen the rest of that day, and will continue through today. If I continue to be good in the morning, I will discontinue.
    Also, taking pooled antibodies through immunoglobulin, my antibodies profile can’t be anything like those not on this therapy. Is this a definitive reason? I could never be sure because each of us is so different.
    When you get your vaccine, please report how your body reacts.

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.