Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Sleep Beautiful Sleep, Where Is It?

• Sleep Beautiful Sleep, Where Is It?

Posted by price-wooldridge on June 30, 2022 at 7:00 am

We’ve previously discussed sleep and the ongoing challenge of getting good, restful sleep when you have LEMS. From my perspective, it really involves the autonomic nervous system dysfunction that seems to frequently accompany LEMS. That and sometimes my muscle spasms and cramping during the overnight period.

It’s a well-known fact that cannabinol (CBD) has effects on the brain. My anecdotal experience seems to support this. When I first tried it, I noticed my sleep pattern seemed less disturbed with more deep sleep on some days. Notice I said, ‘on some days. There was a period I felt it didn’t help and stopped taking it. Just recently I resumed and feel those good effects again.

If you’d like more perspective on CBD use and sleep, you can read this from Medical News Today, “What to know about CBD and sleep”. Here’s the LINK.

As with all things we put in our bodies, anyone who wants to try CBD, speak with your healthcare team first.

What do you use, if anything, to help you get that elusive good night’s sleep?

dcarpenter replied 1 year, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • dcarpenter

July 12, 2022 at 7:52 pm

I asked several doctors about Using CBD and  all were not in favor— good to hear that you found helpful-

I never get a good nights rest and wondered if it were the disease or meds. I also have so many dreams every night which awakened me—have never had this before LEMS

breathing exercises help, but never a sure thing

Deborah