Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Those sneaky LEMS flares!

• Those sneaky LEMS flares!

Posted by Ashley on March 27, 2024 at 8:02 am

Spring has sprung!

Hi Y’all!

I’m so thankful that spring is finally here!

My husband and I went on a little honeymoon after our wedding last weekend. We stayed in a cute little cabin in Shenandoah with our three pups.

We wanted to do a hike that was doable for both myself and our two senior dogs. We scoured “All trails” to find a shorter hike with little to no rock scrambles but also an amazing view. We finally settled on one and set off on our journey!

My LEMS has been pretty stable as of recently and I was a little overconfident. I used to be a big hiker and even post LEMS diagnosis, there was a time when I could hike 4 miles with no problem. In the last year, I haven’t been as active as I was in previous years and it showed.

Long story short, I made it through the hike however I had two minor falls. Luckily, my only “injury” was muddy hands and clothes. By the end of the 2.5 miles, I could barely lift my thighs and was having muscle cramps in my legs. My husband had to help me to the car. I paid for the hike the rest of the week. I returned to work on Thursday and my fatigue was unreal. Thankfully, I only worked two days and spent the rest of the weekend being lazy on the couch, and today I’m back to my somewhat energetic self.

This was a reminder that no matter how much I want to be “superwoman,” I am not her. A reminder that I have a chronic illness, one that can be very debilitating.

We’re all in the same boat here.

On our Zoom call, we discussed what a LEMS flare looks like for everyone.

We all have them, and sometimes they have a way of sneaking up on us.

What does a LEMS flare look like for you?

Ashley replied 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.